Things of note for the week ending Friday 12th December, 2014.
—- whoosh —-
1. ‘Living My Life’
This is the best Slovenian case study you’ll see today
Seriously, I really love this.
Why? Let me explain.
Here we have a small country, with small agencies and even smaller audiences. Achieving cut-through through digital in a country where there’s only two TV channels is a hard sell. And yet somehow they’ve managed it. Can you imagine a similar project here?
2. Got YouTube? Get Gifs.
This has been everywhere today but it’s worth mentioning again: YouTube is rolling out a really quick and simple way to create animated gifs from YouTube videos. This is awesome.
3. Cartoon Photobombs
These are really quite cute.
4. Trailer Mashup 2014
Just under 7mins. All the films of 2014. In one mega video.
Then guess them all.
5. The Hype Machine Zeitgeist
There aren’t that many end of year round ups that I genuinely look forward to each year. The Hype Machine Zeitgeist is one of the lucky few.
Bonuses this week are a mixbag of me, you, and Max
- PicoPodcasts is a new sixty-second podcast project from Terence Eden
- Speaking of new projects, trivial things from Ewan Spence is also worth a look (and a source of a couple of good reads for me this week)
- I wrote an article for The Drum tracking the demise of organic reach throughout 2014
- I wrote an article for The Guardian looking at the Good, Bad, and Ugly social media marketing efforts of the year gone by
- The new Mad Max: Fury Road trailer is outstanding
Until next time…