So I’ve been hoarding a metric ton of Bat-related stuff for some time now…
And it’s about time I posted it all really.
Let’s do this –
1. Awesome Bat Converse ( for me)
As spotted at
the Converse store on Carnaby St.
3. Retro-Bat Dress FTW
Both spotted at
Lazy Oaf, Carnaby St.
4. A Red Carpet Giant Cowl of EPIC proportions
5. Holy Flaming Bat Symbols Batman!
6. Yeah, this is my Tumbler
Yeah, I know. OK, so that last batch was from The Dark Knight Rises premiere… and yeah, it was pretty damn cool.
7. Nokia Maps 3D Gotham City
January 19th 2011. That was the day I first wrote the words ‘Nokia Maps: 3D Gotham City’ in my Moleskine —
July 5th 2012, this video dropped –
Then on July 6th,
it went live. 18mths of hard work from a multitude of super-smart people and the dream became real. It still makes me smile.
8. Hanging out on the Batman set
The above image is taken form Batman Begins. It was shot on the grand staircase at the GORGEOUS St Pancras Renaissance Hotel… and here’s the GF hanging out on said staircase.
Ps. You HAVE to stay at
this hotel. It’s one of the best, if not THE BEST that London has to offer.
9. Behind the scenes of Batman, 1966
Big up to
Michael for putting me onto this. The photo above is great, but the rest of the set is awesome.
10. Amazing Dark Knight Rises Wallpapers
This is just one of many amazing TDKR wallpapers that are available to download. iO9
has the set.
11. Dark Knight Rises Reactions
I wrote a spoiler-free review of TDKR straight after seeing the premiere, but the film itself sparked a whole ton of various reactions, eclipsing even those inspired by PROMETHEUS.
To my mind, Comics Alliance posted
the best collection of TDKR reactions to date. Seriously. My note on this one said — ‘Best post ever (may save back for a bat-post of some kind)’
12. Batman MaybeA Batman-inspired version of Call Me Maybe? SIGN. ME. UP.
CONTAINS MASSIVE DARK KNIGHT RISES SPOILERS
There are no words.
13. Batman: Dark KnightfallThis super high quality six minute STOP MOTION ANIMATED Batman film has to be seen to be believed..
14. A Lego Tumbler? OH GO ON THEN
15. David Cronenberg ain’t a Bat-fan
“I don’t think they are making them an elevated art form. I think it’s still Batman running around in a stupid cape… [A] superhero movie, by definition, you know, it’s comic book. It’s for kids. It’s adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, “Dark Knight Rises” is, you know, supreme cinema art,” I don’t think they know what the f**k they’re talking about.”
16. History through Batmobiles
A quite frankly
beautiful photograph, used to help tee up the Batmobile Documentary.. Amaze.
17. Super cool Batman Spray Can Art is super cool
this so hard
18. New Mondo Batcave poster
The mood (and detail)
of this is fantastic. Good job.
19. Shanghai Batman
Shang. Hai. Bat. Man.
HIT. PLAY. NOW.
…and I’m spent.
Liked that? Tell your friends with the buttons below —