Things of note for the week ending July 25th, 2014.
— Above image via this AMAZING photo setÂ
1. Shatner on Facebook Mentions
If you’re a celebrity (hi!) then you’re probably interested in this new app from Facebook, ‘Facebook Mentions‘. If you’re not a celebrity, don’t worry because William Shatner (yes, that one) has written a handy guide.
You can read said guide over on the former Captain Kirk’s super awesome Tumblr page.
If you’ve been paying attention recently, you might’ve spotted that there’s a beta of a new game out at the moment and its name is Destiny.
Seriously, download it now.
To celebrate this game being amazing, here are some key facts about Destiny:
- Activision, the game’s publisher, is apparently investing around $500 million on the development and marketing of this game (that’s an insane amount of money ).
- Bungie, the game’s creator, is the team that developed the multi-award-winning Halo series for Microsoft’s Xbox.
- The game itself doesn’t actually hit the shelves until September 9th. All of the press so far has been about the limited time Alpha (one weekend!) and the Beta (two weeks!). See the official timeline for details.
- Oh, and it is awesome. SO AWESOME. Order it now.
3. A guy walks into a bar
This is wonderful.
4. Moto X Tattoos
This is now a joke: Motorola have launched a new range of temporary DIGITAL TATTOOS that you can stick to your skin and then use to UNLOCK YOUR PHONE.
There’s a fancy video too (it’s only 90 seconds long – give it a watch).
Personally, I think this is awesome. Like, really really awesome. Admittedly the ‘tattoos’ themselves only last for a week (and I think about ten dollars for a pack of ten) BUT it’s a yet another item to add into the wearable tech of the future category that hopefully we might see more of over the coming years.
Hurrah for innovative thinking.
5. The best Philippines fact you’ll read today
Did you know that Vulcan Point (the small island pictured above) is the world’s largest island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island? Well, you do now.
Nature is awesome.
— — —
I’m off Twitter for a little while (long story, check my feed for clues as to why) so if you’re reading this, please share it as far and wide as you can.