aka ‘5 things on Friday’, issue #0.
One of the blogs I read fairly regularly is that of ex-BBC chappy, Hugh Garry.
He’s a smart chap and I finally managed to meet him at a social media week event a little while back, which was nice. One of the things he mentioned back then was an attempt he was making on his blog called ‘5 things I liked this week‘.
Once a week [well, nearly – get back on the horse Hugh!] he just puts exactly that: five links to five things that he liked that week. I’ve been doing something similar for the ‘heads for a while now and, well, I think I’d quite like to do something similar, for myself, in 2012.
Every Friday (hopefully on my way home from work) I’m going to jot down the five things I’ve done or seen that week. Or perhaps even five things that have happened to me or that I’ve seen or whatever. Either way, it’s going in the Moleskine and then, naturally, it’s ending up on here.
To kick off, and for memory’s sake, this is the one I started God knows when earlier this year, but with a much larger number than five. Call it ‘Cool things that happened in 2011’ or something.
So, in no particular order:
- Yes Prime Minister [on stage, at the Apollo]
- Friday drinks + comic book chats with friends, forever
- The worst Foursquare competition in the world [there’s a whole presentation somewhere on exactly why this didn’t work]
- Benny’s surprise birthday (and then onto Cam’s too)
- Batman LIVE
- Double cinema day [The Inbetweeners and Rise of the Planet of the Apes]
- Pan’s Labyrinth at West Brompton Cemetery
- Amazing lunches with friends at the Hawksmoor
- The Trans-Siberian Railway [Moscow – Mongolia – Beijing]
- Paris with The Marketing Society / Club 30
- The most beautiful Converse in the entire world
- Hat parties
- The Fancy Dress Picnic
- Music [Mona]
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Champagne, music, dancing… working in Cannes
- Transformers 3 (in New York and Miami)
- Getting drunk with U2
- Duck Tours!
- Cooking competitions [we came second – see below]
- Boating on the roof of Selfridges
- Beirut: the band, and the place (twice)
- Speaking gigs in Croatia, Lebanon, Helsinki, London and Exeter
- [Meeting amazing people at] Like Minds!
- Friends, family and loved ones
- Stewart Lee
- Red trousers
- Foxcroft & Ginger!
- Winning a fair few work-based awards
- The Marketing Academy
- You Me Bum Bum Train [sorry]
- Art projects
- The Dark Knight Rises project
- Howl’s Moving Castle (followed by gorgeous steak)
- Helsinki, lots
- Film, (seeing and writing about). Film of the year? DRIVE.
- Breakfast (cooking and eating)
- The Cotswalds
- On the telly (twice)
- In print (GLAMOUR!)
- Anchorman in the park
- Polpo / Spuntino / da Polpo
- Ellie Goulding [she lovely]
- My iPad
- Snoop Dogg
- Sunday roasts (cooking and eating)
- Sixty Six Books; the best theatre I saw all year [all 24hrs of it]
- A post-Nokia-World night bus
- Raising over Â£1600 for Movember
- Wembley Stadium
- Something cool for Bourne Legacy [but I can’t talk about it yet]
AND THAT’S IT!
Wow…Â I aimed for 5 and I finished with 55.Â Not bad for my first go.
Let’s see how this works out for 2012.
Pic taken from aforementioned cooking comp; ‘Nom Nom Nom 2011‘, Alfie andÂ I – aka ‘The Hirsute Hashtag Slingers‘ – looking dashing and awesome, ready and raring to go.
We had such fun that day and this pic just makes me smile.
via Annie Mole
10 thoughts on “Recent things…”
I do this! I write happy lists on my blog. Nothing major, just little things that are making me smile (today it’s Oh Comely magazine and Clueless). I make myself write lists of happy things when I’m a bit down, not just just when good things are going on. Suddenly I’m much cheerier, there are always cool things going on.
December 30th, 2011 at 12:38
Glad to hear it!
I did the above list from memory, moleskine and flickr. 55 isn’t too bad. What’s that? 4.5 cool things a month? I’m happy with that – especially from one sitting. I’m sure there’s a ton of stuff I’ve forgotten.
Roll on happy lists for 2012 🙂
Comments are closed.