Good morning folks,
Just a quick note to say to all you fellow Wii owners out there… Keep a look out for that little blue light today.
That there means that there’s an update waiting to be downloaded…
Go get it…
A lot of stuff has been written about this already – most of which I’m about to repeat – HOWEVER!
Stay ’til the end and I’ll exclusively reveal something that has yet to be reported that a few gamers that I know stumbled across this very morning…
Ok – here’s the lowdown,
The rest is as follows…
Main Menu Revisions
- Clock Display
- The Disc turns 180-degrees on the Disc Channel icon
- News Channel icon displays headlines
- Forecast Channel icon now displays the weather without entering the channel
- Faster loading times when changing channels/leaving channels (Up for debate)
- Move contacts on Address Book
- Calendar no longer displays envelopes for the amount of time you played, only messages
- Light bar goes on when disk is inserted or removed
- Able to navigate Wii Settings with + and – (Man that always pissed us off)
- Scrolling through messages has a new sound, and scrolling with B now displays an arrow similar to the Internet Channel
Wii Shop Channel Revisions
- New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost
- Titles You’ve Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
- New ways to browse
- Popular Titles (not only based on recent info)
- Newest Additions remains the same
- Search for a title which can use partial names
- Search by Category
- System shows the different systems and how many titles have been released under each
- Publisher showing different publishers and amount of titles released
- Genres listed
Warning: Do not install this update if you have modded your Wii!
So finally – and annoyingly enough – this story is now being picked up around the gaming journos.
I’ve just emailed the guys over at SPOnG to let them know…
But yes – what’s the big secret Whatley?!
Well – everywhere I’ve read about V 3.0 of the Nintendo Wii firmware I am yet to read one little thing…
That is – V3 actually allows Full USB Keyboard Integration.
That’s right – Wii-Mail & Internet Browsing will never be the same again!
lol – at the time of writing I’ve just had an email back from the guys at SPOnG saying:
“In fact… it even works with an ancient Mac keyboard!